Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I think I must have sounded pretty bratty in my last post. Both our parents are getting older and are experiencing different health problems, so I shouldn't complain so much about us being the ones who always have to travel. Becky says I should try to find positive things about the trip and she's right. So, the positives are:

1. Good BBQ and catfish. What passes for each of these in North Carolina is pretty sad, so I'm looking forward to catfish at Mitchell's in Eupora and hopefully Corky's in Memphis.

2. Lawrence will get to run the bases at Swayze! Some of my favorite memories of Ole Miss, and of Lance, are watching baseball at Swayze field. Lawrence is old enough this year to run the bases after the Sunday game. I'm tearing up thinking about it. So special.

3. I'll get to see the Barry's, whom I haven't seen in about 5 years. I hope to get to see Sheryl, too.

4. There will be lots of extra pairs of ears around. I might get a break from my sweet Lawrence's need to be constantly talking!

5. Although we don't feel like either of our folks could handle our two wild ones on their own for long, my sister will be in FC, so Lance and I might at least get a lunch alone together!

I'm sure there are many more things I could list. Thank you, Becky, for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'd say catfish and BBQ are pretty positive things:) I miss those too!!!

    ReplyDelete