Thursday, February 12, 2009

Alright, well, Becky just asked me for my blog link, so I guess I should update it. We have had some beautiful Spring like weather lately and it has made me want to do some more things with the house. In particular, I want patio furniture and a new kitchen countertop. Our deck is our favorite room in the house. I want to find something nice that we can eat on, but fold up and put away when not in use. Any suggestions? As far as the countertop goes, I can't decide if it would be worth it to replace them just because I don't like the color. I chose the paint color in the eating area based on the idea that I would replace the counters, so right now they don't match. One of them will have to be changed. Decisions, decisions.

Last week, Lance's sister sent the kids some gifts. Lawrence got an Armour of God playset. He put it all on (a painful process) and said he was a Knight of Columbus, a Catholic men's organization. He saw them in full regalia at church once and thought they were really cool. They had swords and looked like pirates, so of course they were cool! Lance took the day off last Tuesday so I took the oportunity to crawl in bed with a glass of wine and a book for some quiet time when Annabelle went down for a nap. I was barely under the covers when Lawrence came in and said"Hey, Mrs. Knight of Columbus, do you want to serve God with me?". When your kid says that, your quiet time is over!

The mushroom lasagnas turned out good! I used chicken broth, sherry and evaporated skim milk in the sauce, so it was pretty low in fat. I need to tweek it a bit more, then I will post the recipe. I made lettuce wraps this week that were also really good and low fat. I cooked ground chicken, garlic, carrots, Chinese 5 spice, and hoisin sause together and served it in Romaine leaves. Good, good, good. As best as I could calculate, it was about 5 WW points for two stuffed leaves, so Becky, you should try it!

We have a very busy weekend coming up. Lance and Annabelle are going to their first Daddy-Daughter Dance on Friday. Lawrence is going to have a playdate with a little boy whose sister is also going to the dance. Saterday Lance and the kids are going on a train ride while I get a facial and a scalp massage. Then I'll be making chicken parm for Lance for dinner. I'm jealous of all of you out there who will get to be alone with your husbands Saturday, or any day for that matter!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment